It’s more than just abs! Core strength plays a much bigger role than many realize. Think of your core muscles as the sturdy central link in a chain connecting your upper and lower body. Whether you’re lifting weights, playing tennis or simply running - your power and stability generates from your core!
Build up your core strength and definition with our 25 minute ‘Ab-Sculpting’ Workout!
⚠️ Don’t Workout without ASTRO! ➡️ Try a scoop 30 minutes before the workout & dominate your workout like never before!
1. Weighted Sit-Ups
- Lay on your back with your knees pointing straight up in the air. - Take a barbell (or a weight / plate) and lift it straight up in the air with your arms locked. - As you sit-up rotate the weight so it goes directly over your head - Slowly come back to the starting position all the way down on the ground & repeat the movement
- Start by lying down on your back either on the floor or a mat.
- Extend your arms behind your head and your legs straight out - Keeping your feet together and toes pointed, slowly lift your legs up at the same time as you lift your upper body - Reach for your toes while contracting your core & abs - Breath out & slowly return to the starting position without your head / shoulders touching the ground
3. Hanging Leg Raises
- Grip the bar with your hands shoulder-width apart - Keep your legs straight and feet together - Tighten your core & lift your legs up while doing your best to keep your knees locked out & straight - Bring up your legs 90 degrees & slowly return to the starting position - Make sure to also stabilize your upper body as you lower your legs
- Lie down on your back with your hands either at your sides or underneath your glutes for added back support - Extend your legs out straight - Twist your legs in and out above each other (Or straight up & down) - Don't let your legs drop to the floor as you're working through each set
5. Alternating Crunches
- Lying on your back with feet planted and knees bent about 90 degrees - Compress your lower back to the ground, contract your abs & inhale - Exhale and lift your upper body, keeping your head and neck relaxed - Reach with your left elbow for towards your right knee - Inhale & return to the starting position - Repeat the movement & reach with the opposite elbow for your left knee - Return to the starting position (That’s 1 Rep!)